Happy Palace Grammar School aims at giving quality education to create a learning community in which equal opportunities are provided to all the students for developing their individual capabilities and consuming their potential.
Rules and Regulations are devised to frame a uniform policy for everyone. These rules, if strictly followed, will enable the management to achieve its goal in the field of Education. The decision of the school management in every matter would be final, conclusive, and binding upon all.
SCHOOL TIMINGS CLASSES
|CLASSESS||MONDAY — THURSDAY||FRIDAY|
|Montessori||9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.||9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon|
|KG-I & KGII||8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.||8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon|
|Class-I||8:00 a.m. to 01:30 p.m.||8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.|
|Class-II-Ill||8:00 a.m. to 01:30 p.m.||8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.|
|Class-IV-X||8:00 a.m. to 01:35 p.m.||8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.|
|Class-XI||8:00 a.m. to 01:50 p.m.||8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.|
|0-Level||8:00 a.m. to 01:50 p.m.||8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.|
|A-Level||8:00 a.m. to 01:50 p.m.||8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.|
(a) Rules & Conditions for Payment of Fee: All kinds of Fee are to be paid at the Bank Only. No fee will be collected at the school. The School fee must be paid by the 15th of every month, thereafter a fine of Rs.500/- will be charged per month. After validity date, fee voucher will expire, and the Bank will not collect the fee. Ensuring the receipt of the fee voucher is the responsibility of parents. Only cash payments will be accepted at the bank. Parents must retain a copy niche paid voucher for future reference. Fee once paid is Non-Refundable. If the fee for one month is unpaid and is not cleared by the 15th of the second month along with the dues, the name of the child will be struck off the school roll. If the parents then want their child to continue, they will have to pay re-admission fee equivalent to one month’s fee and late payment surcharges. Re-admission will be considered in special cases only. Granting re-admission will be solely at the discretion of the school management. 100/- Rs will be charged for Duplicate Fee Voucher. For S.S.C. Part-l: Board Examination Enrolment & Examination Fee will have to redeposited at the time of Registration & Examination Form (along with 12 passport size recent photographs). For S.S.C. Part-11 Board Examination fees will have to be deposited at the time of Examination form, along with 10 recent passport size photographs. Registration fee for 0′ Level Examination (along with six passport size photographs) will have to be paid as per schedule announced by the Cambridge Board of Education.
Fee Enhancement Tuition Fee will be enhanced every year subject to the inflation and the facilities provided to students. Annual Charges have to be paid in the month of October every year.
(a) Withdrawal: For withdrawal during the academic session, the parents! guardian will be required to give one month’s notice in writing or pay one month’s fee in lieu thereof. Students withdrawn on completion of an academic session are liable to pay the fee for the summer vacation. Further, the School Leaving Certificate will be issued on submission of a written application and when all the dues have been cleared.
(b) Expulsion: A student may be expelled by the principal administrator on account of violating the school rules, late payment of fees, irregularity, objectionable moral influence & disorderly or unseemly conduct or even without assigning any reason. Misbehaviour of the parents, guardians or relatives of the child affects the child’s educational career for which they shall be solely responsible. A student may be expelled due to the parent’s / guardian’s misconduct misbehaviour too.
a) Top priority of the school is character building of the students along with excellence in academics. We are inculcating high values of morality among our students. They are therefore disciplined, well organized and prominently distinguished members of the society.
b) As such a high standard of discipline is maintained throughout the school network and there is no compromise on this issue.
c) Students found involved in any indiscipline activity, in or outside the school may immediately be rusticated/serious action may be taken against them.
a) We develop a feeling of ownership and a sense of responsibility among the students, they are expected Intake care of school building and use all school belongings and equipment’s very carefully.
b) Any damage to the school property by student haste is compensated by the
ASSESSMENT AND EVALUATION
Assessment and evaluation of the students would be a continuous process throughout the year
and the decision of the management would be final and conclusive in this regard. The following factors would form the basis for the promotion of students:
6 (a) Tests and Examinations:
Tests and Examinations in all classes (except Nursery & Kindergarten) would be conducted
throughout the year. Final examination would be held before the end of the academic session. Promotion would be based upon the performance in Tests / Examinations conducted during the
year & Final Examination.
6 (b) Assessment Procedure:
For Nursery and Kindergarten:
There is no formal end of term tests in these classes.
Class teachers and Directresses are required to informally appraise and assess the progress of the children throughout the year. For this purpose, the Directresses maintain a record of remarks regarding the progress of each child throughout the year.
In the Montessori, assessment is totally informal (i.e., there are no written tests).
In the KG classes, the Directresses and teachers occasionally give small written tests to evaluate the children. Term Test Reports are prepared and given to parents at the end of each test. These are compiled on the basis of the written observations maintained for each child throughout the year. However, there are no Mid-Term and Final Term Examinations.
6 (c) For Promotion to class VI or Prep I
The School gives Students an opportunity for seeking education both in “Matric” as well as “0′
Level System”. The students passing class-V (five) may decide to continue in the “O’ Level System” only after securing 60% marks and 45% marks at least for the ‘Matric’ system.
6 (d) For Class-I to VIII (Manic Section)
The passing mark is set at 45% and the overall aggregate percentage should also be at least 45%.The promotion policy would be as follows we bifurcate the students after class pinto O/Level and matric system students securing above 60% will be promoted to O/Level.
• A student failing in the Major subjects like English, Mathematics and Science shall be detained irrespective of the overall aggregate.
• A student passing in the subjects of English, Mathematics and Science, but failing in two other subjects with minimum of 35% may be considered for promotion.
• For promotion to Class-IX (Science Group), it is compulsory to secure at least 60% in the subjects of English, Mathematics & Science, and at least 45% in other subjects. Students securing less than 45% will not be promoted to Class-IX.
Students securing less than 60% but above 45% will be promoted to Class -1)( (Computer Group). For students of Class-VI / VII / VIII, who are willing to shift to 0′ level system, it is compulsory to secure at least 65% in each subject.
6(e) Rules for British council & SSC Booed Examination:
a) For all the student appearing in classes 10/0/Senior II/Senior III, 75% attendance is an
essential requisite according to rules.
b) Preliminary examination / Mock examination are mandatory for both the systems.
c) In Metric 45% marks in each subject are required to qualify and in Cambridge 50% marks.
d) Any student who fails in any of the subjects in senior II will not be promoted to class senior
Ill. He / She will have to repeat the class.
e) Any students who fails in two or more subjects in SSC-Part I examination will not be
promoted to class & He / She will have to repeat the class.
a. It is essential to attend the parent-teacher meetings as and when called. A circular will be sent to the parents for such meetings.
b. In special cases e.g., lack of student’s progress, misbehaviour etc., parents may be asked to attend special meetings on specified date and time. The attendance at these meetings is mandatory. An appointment slip will be sent to the parents in such cases.
c. Parents, who want to meet the class / subject teacher, will have to send a written application in the student’s homework diary for an appointment.
d. They will not be allowed to see any teacher during school hours without prior appointment.
e. Visiting hours for the parents / guardian who wish to meet the Principal / Vice Principal are Tuesday and Thursday 09:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
ALL OTHER WORKING DAYS
by prior appointment only.
f. Only the parents/guardians are allowed to visit the school/communicate with the school authorities. Siblings, aunts / uncles, or tutors will not be entertained.
a. Admission in School will be governed under the Admission Policy devised by the Management from time to time. The decision of the Management in this regard would be final and conclusive.
Admission Test end Interview at the Montessori level an informal assessment based on the child’s age is conducted. The confidence in a child and development of motor-skills are taken into consideration. A child’s gesture as how he / she sits, walks and talks has an important bearing. Being healthy and toilet trained is also a pre-requisite. The child’s speech should be clear. At the Kindergarten levels, a written test in English, Urdu and Numbers is conducted. In addition to the above, a formal interview is conducted with both the parents / guardian.
b. New admissions during the academic session would be considered only in cases of parents migrating from other places, subject to passing the admission tests.
c. At the time of admission, admission fees, annual charges and one month’s fee is payable. All the formalities should be completed no later than the date given by the school.
d. Failure to do so will result in the cancellation of admission. Vacancy will be offered to the
next candidate on the merit list. Photocopy of the child’s birth certificate, copy of Parents/
Guardians CNIC, six (6) recent passport size photographs an original school leaving certificate will be required for retention in school record.
e. All information given on the school form should be correct as it cannot be changed or modified later.
- All belongings (lunch boxes, water bottles, pencil boxes, bags, and books) for the Montessori
& KG children must be permanently marked with the child’s name.
- Parents must see tort that their child brings his / her, text / exercise books according to the given timetable in order to avoid carrying heavy bags to school.
- Class work notebooks will be sent home on every Friday. Parents to return the notebooks with their signature on them. Class Tests should also be signed by Parents /guardians and copies to be kept in school.
- No verbal messages between parents /guardians and teachers will be encouraged. Parents / guardians to write a note to the teachers / Principal to convey a message.
- The children should be provided with wholesome and healthy food in their lunch boxes. Oily and junk food to be avoided.
- Chewing gums, suparis, gutka and other chewable are STRICTLY prohibited.
- Any kind of valuables including jewellery, mobiles, digital diaries, camera, photo albums etc. are not allowed within the school premise, these will be confiscated if found in the possession of any student.
- Children are not permitted to carry big amount of money with them, nor are they permitted to bring valuable articles to school. The school will not be responsible for items or money lost in the school.
- Parents are advised to inform the school about the change of address /telephone/ mobile number in writing.
- Field trips / excursions will be arranged for the students from time for me. Field trip forms will be sent to the parents / guardians well in advance so as to seek their permission for the trip.
- No relative or servant would be allowed to come inside the premises during school hours bringing lunch boxes or other articles of use, for security reasons and also as it causes a lot of disturbance. The watchman / guard have been strictly instructed not to accept or carry any such articles to any class / student.
Happy Palace Grammar School considers its pupils to be mature, responsible young adults and as such it sincerely makes all efforts to develop their personality. The school will help them grow to be accomplished and useful citizens of the country.
- Students are supposed to be in proper uniform.
>> Use of cosmetics & jewellery is strictly prohibited.
>> Girls must either braid their hairs or pin them properly.
>> Boys are not allowed to keep long or raised hairs or to make weird hair styles i.e., spikes.
• Students are expected to carry themselves in a dignified manner within and outside the institution.
• We offer an opportunity for the pupils to study and participate in all extra-curricular activities within the norms of the society. We believe in making a focused effort towards the betterment of the community, especially the under privileged.
• Evidence of lying, cheating, plagiarizing, misuse of resources, as well as theft of goods or services, misappropriation of library books, failure to comply with copyright rule, fraud or misuse of phones, will all be considered as a serious offense against the school.
• A condition of acceptance is that the student undertakes to attend regularly all classes as detailed in the time-table, to complete all assignments on time and to observe all school rules.
• Any absence from school has to be stipulated by a note of excuse signed by parent or guardian. Prolong illness should be notified to the school along with a doctor’s certificate.
• Serious absenteeism, in a single term, from required school programmers might result in expulsion or any serious action.
• A condition of acceptance that the student will pay ungrudgingly for all events that take place throughout the 2 years at school.
• It is compulsory for parents to attend all PTMs.
• You may meet a teacher, or the Principal, only after the school office has arranged an appointment for you.
• Breakages and damage to school property has to be reimbursed by the concerned student.
• The student will not register for the Cambridge International Examination if a minimum of 60% marks is not secured in the December assessment.
• In order to register through the school for the Cambridge International Examination, it is mandatory to meet the requirement of minimum 80% attendance.
LIABILITIES FOR FEES
- Fees must be paid before 20th of the designated month.
• All admissions to be school will be charged an admission fee and a refundable security deposit as per the following terms and conditions.
Early withdrawal within the first year will result in the forfeiture of the full security deposit.
b) Withdrawal after completion of the first year will result in the forfeiture of 50% of the security deposit.
c) Admission and tuition fees are non-refundable.
In the event of withdrawal, one month’s notice is required in writing.
If the notice is submitted after 15th of the month, the student is liable to pay full fees for the following month too.