AS & A Levels
A LEVEL College
COMMENCEMENT OF REGISTRATION
FOR NEW SESSION 2017-2018
The term Pre-Primary or Early Childhood Education refers to the education of the preschooler that is the child in the age range of 3 to 6 years. In the context of the HPGS School, this includes children attending Montessori and Kindergarten.
Development of reading readiness, writing readiness and pre-number concepts and promotion of knowledge and understanding skills, personal and social skills and values relevant to the age group will be the focus.
The years from 3 to 5 are very special in terms of physical and mental growth of children. It is an established fact that 80 percent of the brain develops by the time the child is four years and ready in transition.
• From clumsy coordination to more refined skills;
• From body talk to verbal communication;
• From strong reliance on outer controls to developing inner controls;
• From personal awareness to growing social concern;
• From the here and now to a wider intellectual awareness and curiosity;
• From acquiring isolated facts to conceptualizing and developing a deepening interest in symbols.
Graduate Areas of Study
We are and will be a university where design and social research drive approaches to studying issues of our time, such as democracy, urbanization, technological change, economic empowerment, sustainability, migration, and globalization.